Shot of Spirits: Episode 10: Holy Trinity Church, Adelaide, South Australia.
Holy Trinity Church on North Terrace, Adelaide was built in 1838.An unknown male parishioner is thought to haunt the church. It is believed he died during an Easter service very early in the Churches history. Every Easter service since, parishioners have heard a disembodied voice, louder than all the rest, shout “AMEN!” at every possible opportunity.The congregation often looks to the direction the booming voice has come from to find no one there at all. Many people thought it was a hoax perpetrated yearly by the same person, but that person could never be identified.
Find out more about this haunting in the book: The Haunts of Adelaide: Revised Edition
Shot of Spirits: Episode 9: Exeter Hotel Adelaide. S.A.
“On 18 November 1970 the body of the hotel’s owner, Mrs Joy Josephs, was found in the kitchen and a 30-year-old man trialled and sentenced for her murder. Years later, screams, sighs and a female voice of no known source are often reported as coming from the kitchen by hotel staff. “The Exeter’s reported paranormal occurrences predate Mrs Josephs’ murder, but she’s thought to be behind almost all the spooky goings-on alleged in the hotel today. “Disembodied footsteps and voices are frequently heard throughout all levels of the hotel, while the most often reported phenomena happen near the upstairs hallway where her bedroom used to be situated. “Another common disturbance is the moving of objects – often staff will place an item on a kitchen bench, only to find it’s been moved moments later!”
Read more about this haunting in The Haunts of Adelaide: Revised Edition:
Shot of Spirits: Ep.8: Estcourt House, Grange S.A.
Estcourt House was built at Grange (now Tennyson) in 1883 by Frederick and Rosa Bucknall, the house getting its name from Fred’s middle name ‘Estcourt’. Frederick had married into money, Rosa’s was the widow of beer baron Henry Haussen. Within 3 years Fred and Rosa were facing bankruptcy and had to sell. The AMP bought the house in 1886. In 1892, the James Brown Memorial Trust bought the house and set itself up to help disabled people. In 1931, the home became a TB and polio treatment centre for children run by the Salvation Army. In 1978, the State Government bought the house making it part of the Strathmont Centre. It is now privately owned. Estcourt House has long been alleged to be haunted, but what old house isn\’t? Are there ghosts within its walls? watch to find out… Read more about this haunting in the Haunts of Adelaide: Revised Edition https://www.amazon.com.au/Haunts-Adelaide-History-Mystery-Paranormal/dp/B08JLQLLC5